The author includes some Principles to Remember:
Do:Take some time to digest what she says. It is worth a read.
- Make a prioritized list of what a meaningful career would look like to you
- Invite four or five people to serve as a board of advisors as you explore what you want
- Experiment with different elements of a job that you’d want either in your current job, outside work, or by talking with people
- Focus on your next role — think about what you want from work over the long term
- Let the stage of your career hold you back — even those deep into their careers can make changes
- Neglect your finances so that when you want to make a change, you don’t feel able to