Saturday, July 16, 2011

Coffee Shop Etiquette

If you are like me, you might find it easier to work or study in a place where there's a degree of background noise.  Perhaps it is because you don't feel tied to the task because you are part of the activity around you.  Better yet, you don't feel like you are separate and locked away in a room while the world goes on outside.  You are not missing anything.

One of my favorite places to study, write, or work is a coffee shop.  Somehow, it is just more conducive to concentration than my office or any room at home.  There are other people, but no other demands.  My mind is safely sequestered in its activity and I don't feel isolated.  Generally, no one interrupts my work because they are disinterested strangers.  And, of course, the phone is not ringing and family is not making demands either.  It is a time of high productivity.

But, this coffee shop is a busy business.  So, how much should I order and how long can I sit there and still be considered a good patron?  Check out the Mashable article entitled The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Coffee Shop Etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment